Eye Study Week 01

        Did extensive research on the eyes. I learned a lot of new things about it that I don't think I would have discovered if I hadn't taken on this assignment. This week's modeling was little, but the setup needed considerable research and study. I've tried to portray everything I can in 3D. Everything is set up in Maya, including the lighting scene & UV's for all the models. Next week, I'll push this to Zbrush for sculpting.

Research Findings:

Average Pupil Distance:- 6.4 cm

Average Eyeball Size:- 2.4 cm

Average Iris Size:- Half the eyeball, 1.2 cm

Average Pupil Size:

Bright Light:- 2 - 4mm

Dim Light:- 4 - 8 mm

        One important thing I learned is that the eyeballs are never facing straight. It veers away from realism. What I discovered is that a rotation of 2 - 2.5 in the outward direction gives it a realistic appearance.












Comments